ACLS Scholarship Program
Paying for a college education has become increasingly more difficult. Let us help you reduce a portion of that burden by applying to our annual scholarship.
Here at United Medical Education we want to help support and motivate young minds that are interested in medical technology and advancement. This scholarship program is designed to help motivate developing students learn how to write a medically related article.
The scholarship offered will be awarded annually to full-time students who are enrolled in a college or university. The first place candidate will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship. The second and third place candidates will receive complimentary Basic Life Support (BLS) certification and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification courses which have a combined value of $360. The monetary first place award must be used towards college/university tuition, school supplies, and/or housing.
- First Place Candidate – $1,000
- Second & Thirst Place Candidates – Complimentary BLS & ACLS Certification by UME ($360 value)
How to Apply:
Write an article between 500 and 750 words on one of the topics listed below.
- The anatomy and physiology of the lungs
- Drug abuse and it’s effects on the heart
- Hypertension and it’s effects on the body
- Heart abnormalities
- The anatomy and physiology of the kidneys
- The anatomy and physiology of the liver
- How sympathomimetics are used in Medicine
- How benzodiazapines are used in Medicine
The article should be in .txt, .doc, or .docx format and should be sent to email email@example.com. Please include your personal name in the file name of the document.
All submissions need to be sent to email firstname.lastname@example.org before 11:59pm EST, December 31st to be considered for the following year’s award.
Information to be included in email:
- Your full name
- School where you are enrolled full-time
- Contact phone number and email of the school where we can verify your enrollment
- Your contact email
- Your contact phone number
- Your contact address
- Your article of submission
How are the First, Second, and Third Place Candidates Chosen?
We read and evaluate each article written. The article we deem to be the best in terms of content and organization will be given the first place scholarship award. The second and third place articles will receive the BLS and ACLS certification courses.
What will happen with the articles?
The first, second, and third place winning articles will be published on our website www.acls-pals-bls.com.
- You may not currently be employed by United Medical Education (UME) or be immediately related to anyone employed by UME.
- UME reserves the right to require proof of full-time enrollment in a college or university prior to issuing an award.
- all submissions must be original content and must abide by all U.S. and international copyright laws.
- UME reserves the right to use or publish the articles in whatever way they, UME, deems fit.
- Each candidate can only submit one entry per calendar year.
- All submitted articles become the sole property of United Medical Education and cannot be published or used for any other purpose by the entrant before or following application for the scholarship.
- Void where prohibited.
United Medical Education is a continuing education training center for healthcare providers. Their primary courses include BLS and ACLS online, and PALS certification. All their courses include training in CPR and other life saving interventions.